Sunday 12 September 2010

Tom's Recycled book's Project

I'm going to use this blog to reinvent meanings of book's into sculptures by taking the meaning of the book and creating a sculpture with the book that fits that meaning. Our final aim is to create our own version of some of these pieces to put in the 'Peacock Gallery'. This will be on display to everyone and will give us experience of GCSE art.

Cara Barer, New Century
I chose this piece because I thought it was clever how Cara Barer has evolved this book into looking like a women with wild hair wearing a red cape. Cara Barer has influenced me in a lot of my work and is my favourite artist in this topic.

3 comments:

  1. Good introduction Tom, well done.

    Please can you add some more information about the outline of the project with its end goal, the exhibition.

    Make sure that you preview your posts to avoid spelling and grammar issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please make sure the second post is added before next lesson (30/09/10) titled 2D Flip Art, see my blog missgardinersrecycledbooks for information about this homework.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be issuing you with appointments to catch up with the work if you are not up to date by next lesson 14/10/10.

    ReplyDelete